With the increasing interest of people in Cryptocurrency, the demand for blockchain wallet is also on the rise. However, it is not that simple for everyone to keep up with. Many people are struggling to understand the concept and use of blockchain wallet. If you are among those people, then you’ve come to the right place. In this blog, we will brief you about how you can create a blockchain wallet account.
If you are a novice who knows almost nothing about cryptocurrency or blockchain, then you need not go into details about everything right away. Cryptocurrency is a vast subject that you should give some time if you want to understand completely. We guess if you are here then you already have basic knowledge about what is a cryptocurrency and want to know more about blockchain wallets. Let’s not waste any time and get started with it.
What is a Blockchain wallet?
Just like you need a wallet to keep your money safe with you, the same goes for cryptocurrency. A Blockchain wallet is a virtual wallet where you keep your cryptocurrency safe. So, it is vital that your blockchain wallet should be highly secure with no risk of getting breached or hacked. Now, there are multiple types of blockchain wallet that includes a desktop wallet, mobile wallets, web wallets, paper wallets, and hardware wallet.
Desktop wallets, mobile wallets, and web wallets are categorized as hot wallets because they are connected to the internet or save your data online. Paper wallets and hardware wallets are offline wallets that are also called cold wallets.
If you want to store a significant amount of cryptocurrency, then you should go with paper wallets as they are the safest. However, you can also trust a few software wallets as long as they don’t save your wallet data or private keys on their servers.
How to Create Blockchain Wallet Account?
First of all, it depends on what type of wallet you are going to use hot or cold. Below we have mentioned the procedure to create an online wallet account.
- The first step is to visit blockchain.info and then select the wallet option from the navigation menu on the top of the page.
- Hit the Wallet button and then select the SIGN-UP option on the next page.
- Fill up the registration form carefully. At first, you will need to enter your email ID and password.
- Next, use your primary Gmail address and create a new password for your Blockchain wallet account. Make sure you use a combination of Capital letters, lowercase alphabets, numerals, and special characters. Your password should be unique to you so that no one else can crack it but you won’t forget it too.
- So, now that you are done creating your Blockchain wallet account which was extremely simple, the next step is to access it.
- Select the Get started option to get to your wallet dashboard.
- This is the blockchain wallet that you can use to access, send, or receive cryptocurrency. But before you do that first verify your email address.
- Also to make your account secure add your number to it and turn on 2-factor authentication.
- At last, add the LEVEL 3 security that will block suspect IDs.
That’s all. You can now send or receive cryptocurrency in your new Blockchain wallet. You can use this wallet for buying or receiving cryptocurrency from various sources. If you are trading on any of the crypto websites like Binance, we suggest you do not store your cryptocurrency on their wallet and transfer it to your personal wallets right away for safety purposes.
Tips To Keep Your Cryptocurrency Safe
Now, that you know about blockchain wallets, let’s talk about some tips on how you can keep your cryptocurrency as well as crypto wallet safe. Given below are some tips you should consider if you want to keep your cryptocurrency safe and sound.
- If you own various cryptocurrencies or a significant amount, it would be foolish to keep it all in one place. That would increase the risk of it getting hacked. So you should scatter your cryptocurrencies in various wallets to not let it get to the hacker’s eyes.
- Bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency so far but that doesn’t mean you should only invest in it. Consider other cryptos too, do some digging to know more about top cryptocurrencies.
- If you are using software or online wallets, don’t use public networks i.e. WIFI or hotspot. Moreover, you should use VPNs at the time you access your wallet online.
- Keep your investment ideas and information to yourself. The more you brag about it, the more you’ll put your cryptos at risk.
- Don’t go trading high right away unless you know what you are doing.
- Whenever browsing online, do verify the website before you open it. Especially the website where you might have to enter your personal details.
- When sending cryptocurrency to another address, verify the wallet address multiple times. Note that If you accidentally send your cryptos to the wrong address, it cannot be recovered.
Contact Blockchain Support for Assistance
We know how troubling it can be sometimes to create a blockchain wallet especially when you are new to it. We have mentioned the accurate procedure to create a blockchain wallet above, but if you still need help then there’s no need to hesitate. You can reach us for all your queries as long as they are related to Blockchain or cryptocurrency. We are a team of Blockchain experts who can guide you with your crypto investment related queries. Whether you want to know more about a particular cryptocurrency, crypto wallet, crypto exchange, or anything else, we got you covered.
You can reach us through our Blockchain Support number or chat with us online anytime.